Tuesday, January 7, 2014

WE MADE IT

I'm not even sure what day it is.

Our flight, which was supposed to leave at 10:19am didn't have wheels-up until 4:40pm. From our first flight. All because the plane that we were supposed to be on was coming from Columbus, and it was delayed. I guess I shouldn't really complain though since their flight was supposed to take off at 7am that morning, so they definitely had it worse.

Because our flight was delayed so heavily, we almost missed our connecting flight to Frankfurt, Germany, despite having schedule a 6-7 hour layover.

How does that even happen??

Luckily a guest student who was meeting up with us in Philly had them hold the plane for us.

Needless to say, I smell so bad from running through the Philadelphia airport.

The next flight, then, was 8 hours straight into Germany. I didn't get much sleep, what with the couple in front of me all splayed out and leaned back almost literally into my lap. But it's all good. They had a good movie selection. And we got fed twice. And I got to see the sun-rise a little bit, and all of the city.

I'm glad I got a window seat.





Once we left the states, and while on the flights, there was no free wifi to be found, which made it super difficult to communicate with people back home. I hope they weren't too worried. Even now I'm writing this in the German airport waiting to post it until I get to my apartment and have free wifi.

At this point I don't even care if it's good or not (the nerd in me has given up).

I'm too tired.

*
*
*
*
UPDATE
We made it to our apartments, but my groups luggage did not. So that's fun.

But the internet works really well, and my apartment has the router ;)

Once I get my converters and am able to charge my laptop I'll upload photos of the apartment. 

1 comment:

  1. Pictures are beautiful and I hope you find your inner nerd again. Getting your luggage will be great.

    ReplyDelete