Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ciao to the New Year!

Happy New Year friends, family, and random readers!

2014 is now upon us, and the time to take-off is nearing! I only have about 4 days now until I leave for Italy. It seems so surreal, and also too soon. There is so much I still need to get done before I'll be ready to go, and the date is nearing whether I'm ready or not.

So today, as only the second day of the new year and snowed-in, I'll be cranking out as much as I can. I'm spending the day finishing up my resume, setting up my new external hard-drive, setting up my Italian phone, and practicing my Italian.

I do feel very relieved, though, that I was finally able to pick up  my passport. I got to see my spankin' new visa (the picture for which is dreadful), which was super exciting. And I got to find out that I'm going to be neighbors with some of my best friends.

With all of these new developments slammed in my face as soon as business hours started again for the first time this new year, this trip is starting to become so real so fast. I feel very blessed to be able to have this experience, and I also feel very humble that it is a dream coming true.

I'm not very nervous about living abroad, or living away from my family; that's something that apparently isn't very common. But I just feel like I'll do fine over there. We'll see how that goes once the 'culture shock' sets in.

For now, Ciao!

(and sorry for the cheesy sign-off)

No comments:

Post a Comment