Saturday, January 11, 2014

IM GOING ON AN ADVENTURE


Well, technically I already went on one today with Rachel. And I felt a lot like Bilbo. Mainly because of the scenery, but also because I'm a total homebody like him, so venturing out into the city was a lot for me. I'm trying not to be lame like I am in the states.

So I took my fancy new DSLR with me and took some pictures. I'm only going to share a few with you all now so I don't destroy the internet for my roommates and neighbors.


So this is the Duomo. I pass it at least 3 times a day, and yet I still never get over how massive and beautiful it is. When you learn about this building in Architecture History, the material is mainly about the dome (which is massive) and all of the pictures you see are aerial. Nothing prepares your for the gorgeous statues and colored marble that adorn the exterior, or for the massive size of the building itself. I cannot wait to go up into the dome and see just how massive that structure is.


Pretty Rachel at the Arno River.


We called this the pro-suicide statue. I seriously have no idea what it's doing or why it's even a thing.

Ahh, and the lovely Italian road signs. I said in a previous post that we used the pictures on the products in the store to figure out what they are. But this picture isn't helping me at all. Seriously, someone explain what this means!


We kept on trekking further up; as a result, you can see how beautiful Tuscany is in the distance.


This is the photo-set of the things that really made me feel like a hobbit. I mean, come on. Look at that scenery.




Fun fact, I dropped my lens cap on this hill and it rolled super far down.  YAY.


And this is the result of me leaving Rachel half way up the hill to get my cap. Also, note my hobbit size within the scenery. [end hobbit-feels photo-set]


I tried to get all fancy shooting the Duomo through the fountain at Piazzale Michelangelo.


The gorgeous view looking down the Arno River towards the heart of Firenze.


And then when I got home, I was ordered to take a picture of their dinner. These neighbors are so cute. But really, They're mighty adorable and lovely to live next to.

No comments:

Post a Comment